Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Ornaments



This picture is a closeup of some of the ornaments on my Christmas tree I put up in my kitchen each year. For several years now I have been collecting cute kitchen gadget ornaments to adorn this tree. I fill in blank spots with artificial fruit. Each year I see something new to add to my tree. There's a few cute glass blown coffee ornaments at Bed Bath & Beyond I've been eyeing this year.

I have our family tree, which is loaded with all kinds of ornaments, sentimental ones, whimsical ones, delicate ones, glass blown, resin, wooden, cloth, etc.

I have a small tree for my daughter's room that has pretty, frilly, shabby chic ornaments and girly things.

And, I have a small tree for my son's room that has football ornaments, fishing lures, camping stuff, and boy-type ornaments.

For this post I wanted to share a few of my favorite places to find unusual ornaments....

1) Target -Every year Target seems to add something new to their huge and categorized assortments of ornaments. I have purchased quite a few ornaments from Target the past few years. Above you'll see a cute Telephone Cabin and Police Officer ornament set available online only from Target. I just realized they have WAY more ornaments online as they do in the store!


2) World Market -This is a great place for all kinds of unusual glass blown ornaments, as well as other types of ornaments. The picture above is of the Statue of Liberty and Eiffel Tower, cute!


3) Home Goods -Although Home Goods doesn't really show much on their website, they have lots of great finds in their stores! I miss having a Home Goods close by. (boo hoo) But, Home Goods website does have something called "Open House Blog" where bloggers contribute what they find at Home Goods. Above is a picture from a blogger that found ornaments. Click on picture to go to this story and more pics from this blogger plus many other contributors.

4) Hobby Lobby -Hobby Lobby has at least 5 aisles of Christmas Ornaments. All separate in to categories and styles. I love looking at ornaments there. They have unusual ones you won't see anywhere else. Unfortunately their website doesn't show what they have to offer in stores, you'll just have to go see for yourself. Their website has a store finder if you're not sure if you have one near you. -Don't forget to wait until they are on sale! This week all tree decor is 50%! Sign up for their weekly email and they send you the weekly specials by email (along with coupon to use).

5) eBay -Let's not forget eBay. If you're looking for an ornament that maybe you had as a child, or a tree topper just like your parents used to put on top of the tree each year, you might just be able to find it on eBay. You can even find retired Disney, Dept. 56, Hallmark and others on eBay, too. There's literally thousands of items listed for ornaments right now!

Be Inspired and go decorate your Christmas tree(s)! -Karol :0)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Karol, I love your tree! I like putting up different trees in our rooms. We also collect ornaments everytime we take vacations, and our big family tree is all sentimental, and I still have the ornaments that my son's all made when they were small for me. Hugs!

Cathy said...

Hi Karol


Lovely tree . I like the little Tour Eiffel!!!!

Cathy (France)

Unknown said...

Hi Karol, I love your kitchen tree. I have a tiny one in my kitchen too, but it has cookie shaped ornaments on it. Very cute :)

Have a great evening!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Love the kitchen-y ornaments. The places you mentioned do have some good looking ornaments, don't they?

Related Posts with Thumbnails