Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hobby Lobby

Ever been to Hobby Lobby? Do you have one near you?

Some of my posts will be about how to decorate your home and how to do it saving money. Hobby Lobby is one of the places you can shop and save.


Hobby Lobby, of course, sells crafts supplies. They have everything you need to craft with, but they also offer home decor and accessories.


I like shopping there because everything is grouped into its kind by themes or like items. And the very best part about Hobby Lobby is their weekly specials. Each week Hobby Lobby has a new specials sheet that lists all the items they have on sale. For example on any given week all the metal accents will be 50% off, all candle holders 50% off, all pillows, quilts and throws 50% off, all lamps and lamp shades 50% off, all framed art 50% off, and so on. My little secret is to only buy things when they are on sale. If you are a patient decorator you can save a lot of money this way. Check the flyer each week to see what the specials are. If there's something on sale in the category you wanting, go save money! Click here to see weekly specials.


Weekly specials begin on Mondays. They are closed on Sundays because it is a Christian owned company and the owner, David Green, decided to have all his stores closed on Sunday so that employees could be free to attend worship services and spend time with their families. There's a book called "More Than A Hobby", the story of how David Green started the Hobby Lobby stores. Great book and story.


So, check out a Hobby Lobby near you. You can search for a store right on their site. If you don't have one, don't worry -you will. They building new ones all the time. You can also sign up for the email list and you will receive the flyer in your email each Sunday night that you can print out if you want. There's also a coupon each week you can print out and use. Usually it's for 40% off one item, but sometimes it will be a certain percentage off a particular item.


I purchased lamps for my bedroom for around $40.00 each, but I waited til the lamps were on sale and got 2 for $40.00. I also LOVE to decorate with throw quilts and Hobby Lobby has a small selection of quilts. I waited until they were 50% off to purchase the ones I have from there. I have a french country mirror/clock in my kitchen. I believe it was $49.99 and I waited (patiently) for a few weeks until the clocks were on sale. They considered it a clock because it had a clock on top and I got it 50% off!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails