Saturday, October 27, 2007

French Country Touches

I wasn't sure what I would write about for today, but then I received an email from a friend in France, -Catherine. She has been visiting my graphics site and purchasing graphics from me for quite a while now. I was thinking that she had helped me translate the "Fruits of the Spirit" into French for a graphic I created for my French Country Collection a while back, but I believe it was Vicki from Canada. Anyway, I have met so many wonderful people on the internet that I would have never met otherwise, -from all over the world.



Catherine just visited my blog and emailed me and shared a wonderful website, Comptoir de Famille. They have been featured in many magazines here including Country Home, Home, Martha Stewart Living, Vogue, ...just to mention a few.


After visiting Comptoir De Famille it reminded me of a trip a few years ago. My husband surprised me and booked a room for us for our anniversary at a quaint bed & breakfast in Fernandina Beach, FL. Which at the time was only a 30 minute drive from where we lived. Fernandina is a nice small town with lots of unique shops to stroll around in. One of those shops was my favorite: French Market Antiques. They had some very beautiful furniture pieces as well as pottery and dishes. If you're ever in that area, don't forget to visit.


I'm not quite sure what my decorating style is. I like the cozy cottage country look, but I also like to add a little French touch here and there. A good example would be this soap dish and soap from Comptoir de Famille (left). Isn't that gorgeous? I would love to have that in my guest bath.


I just wanted to throw a little French inspiration your way. If you want a cozy, but more sophisticated look, a touch of French accents really does the trick. Visit Comptoir de Famille or French Market Antiques or Google "French Country Decor" or "French Country Accents" and see what comes up. Let those visuals inspire you to add French Country touches to your home.


Be Inspired! -Karol :0)

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Nice article about "comptoir de famille" and the "French country touches"
Thanks Karol
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hi Karol! I just LOVE this blog and you have such wonderful decoating ideas too. Thanks for giving us all great inspiration!

little miss violet said...

hello. I know, I have not emailed you yet. *sigh* I had every intention of doing so on Friday,but didn't get a chance. It's on my To Do list, along with the little mood! ;o)

so just a quick hello, as her ladyship is about to wake up (been prepping her dinner, our dinner, clearing up etc..etc..etc..!) but I had to stop and say I have not forgotten and I'm not being bad, just busy Mummying!!!

lots of love to you my dear.
xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails