Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Thanksgiving Inspiration ..and a recipe to share

This extra post today is for Stacey (love her sweet blog) and anyone else who needs a little inspiration for Thanksgiving. I got this "post card" from Southern Living in my email box this morning. CLICK HERE or on the post card above to see what inspiration is waiting.


BTW: I love the picture from my last post, but I doubt too many people's tables look like that either. It was arranged for a nice photo. All crowded around that one plate. I just love the colors and textures in the photograph. I am inspired visually and that photo does it for me. I would also think that if that was someones place they might feel a little crowded. But hey, if I could make a luscious table like that, I would!


What is most important for Thanksgiving meal is Food, Family, Friends. Being blessed with them and thankful for them. Being thankful to God for all those things.



Are you looking for an unusual side dish? I want to suggest one that I love to make every year. In fact I am usually asked to bring it each year. It is called Carrot Souffle'. It is so good. Even if your kids, grand kids, nieces, nephews, husband, brother, sister, neighbor kid won't eat carrots, they might just like carrots in this dish....


I recommend the "Cafeteria Carrot Souffle" recipe. It is the one I use from the All Recipes site. Said recipe is below, but I would also recommend going HERE to the exact recipe. You can choose how many servings and it will recalculate the recipe for the amount of servings you need.

Cafeteria Carrot Souffle from http://www.allrecipes.com/

submitted by Tammy Photo by Rebecca

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
2 pounds carrots, chopped
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar for dusting


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash. To the carrots add melted butter, white sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well and transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.



***Side notes: If you are in a hurry you can use canned carrots. They work just as good and cut the time of peeling, cutting, boiling the carrots. Fresh is best, but canned is good. Also, I put way more powdered sugar on top. There's NO WAY you can get a nice dusting of powdered sugar on top with 1 tsp! I use about 2 Tbsp, maybe more. I don't measure, I just put in sifter/strainer thing and dust the top.

========================================================

UPDATE!


Visit THIS LINK at Martha Stewart.com for endless Thanksgiving side dish choices! THIS LINK goes directly to the page where side dish recipes are categorized and have thumbnail photos of each dish. You'll love it!



Be Inspired! -Karol :0)


1 comment:

Stacey said...

The carrots sound yummy. :)

Thanks for the sweet mention! I love this time of year. My college son just got home a couple of years ago..let the eating begin!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails