Thursday, October 18, 2007

I Love Plaids!

In the new November issue of Country Home there is an article on plaids called "Forever Plaid". Plaids to me are cozy. I like to add a touch of plaid to every room of my home. If it's making draperies I add a little plaid to contrast with florals or I just use plaid drapes. If it's my son's room, just a plaid pillow mixed in with the outdoorsy pillows adds a little coziness. If it's my daughter's romantic shabby chic room, just a touch of a pastel plaid for the bed skirt and to add balance -an 18" trim of plaid to the bottom of the drapes.


Below, you'll see I added just a touch of plaid as trim to the valance and wider trim to the bottom of the drapes I made for my daughter's playhouse. This softened them up, making them a little whimsical and cozy, rather than too formal...




Plaid is not for modern decor (well, I could make it work, but I don't see it often). It's more for the cozy, lived-in look that I love so much. If that's your style, do you have a touch of plaid here and there?

As Country Home suggests, add a little plaid to your wardrobe with this plaid casual handbag from Target. Click on handbag to go to Target website.



A nice wool throw blanket in rich, warm earthy colors takes me right to a nice autumn day when the air is crisp and the leaves are falling, snuggled up in a warm blanket sipping some warm cider.



I love to layer tablecloths during the autumn season. Layer a nice plaid tablecloth with a matching solid for a cozy table setting.



Try a little plaid in your decor!



Be Inspired! -Karol :0)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails